IMPORTANT DATES 2017/18
Monday, October 9, 2017
Grant Submission Deadline
Friday, November 10, 2017
Notification of grant awards
Friday, February 16, 2018
Due date to spend grant monies
Monday, March 19, 2018
Final Report (Part I): Overview Slide with Grant Description Prepared for Spring Recognition Reception
Friday, April 27, 2018
Final Report (Part II): Final Budget and Outcomes Report due
Updated: September 8, 2017
The new school year marks the kick off of this school year’s teaching grant cycle which rewards excellence and innovation in the classroom. During the 2016/17 school year, the Foundation awarded 26 grants worth $33, 463 to fund projects in reading, math, music, science and more.
The grant application process is easy! APPLY TODAY!
Learn more about applying for a grant in this informational video explaining the benefits and the process:
NOTE: Grant applications are now submitted online!
FSAS Teaching Grant guidelines:
- Online applications will be judged on a competitive basis. Applications will be read by the Trustee Board and rated in priority order. Grants will be made for projects on the basis of criteria described in the grant evaluation rubric. When it comes to scoring evaluation rubrics, the Trustees will use the following criteria in considering funding priorities:
- Is the project creative and innovative?
- Are the learning objectives clear?
- Is the budget for the project described in detail?
- Is a method of assessment described in the grant?
- Is the proposal of sufficient quality?
- Is the overall perception of the grant positive?
- The information you include on, or with, your online application form will provide Trustees of the Foundation with data to make a judgement regarding possible funding of your project. Please be as clear and complete as possible. If you intend to purchase materials, include what they are and the delivered cost.
- Online applications for grants will be considered for funding on one cycle during the fall of each school year. Online applications will be accepted at anytime and held until the next grant cycle.
- In order to be considered for a teaching grant, a completed online Grant Proposal Application must be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services by due date indicated (see Grant submission deadline)
- For those grants selected for funding, a grant packet will be awarded to the grant recipients. This packet will detail all the funding procedures associated with the grant. Grant money should be spent within the specified time frame (see due date to spend grant monies). If an extension is needed, it should be requested in advance. Any funds not spent for the grant at the conclusion of the school year will be returned to the FSAS general fund.
- Notification of grant awards will take place in mid-November (see Notification of grant awards).
- In accepting an FSAS Teaching Grant, recipients agree to the following:
- Upon receipt of a grant, the recipient will have approximately 60 days to purchase all materials and/or supplies to carry out the idea/project. Grant monies must be spent by due date indicated for the grant cycle (see Due date to spend grant monies). The money for the grant will be deposited in an account in the SAS Business Office. The Business Office will help process purchase orders, as needed, to help you obtain the necessary supplies and materials. You will be asked to contact the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services if an extension to the 60 day timeline is required because of special circumstances.
- Supplies and equipment purchased with grant funds become the property of the Saline Area School District.
- If for any reason a grant recipient in unable to administer the approved project, the grant funding will be re-allocated to FSAS.
- A completed final report document must be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services in two phases by due dates indicated (see Final report document due).
- Recipient will help promote the teaching grant process to other SAS staff and the local community. All Recipients are encouraged, but not required, to attend the annual FSAS Spring Recognition Reception (Date TBA) to promote the Foundation, Strategic Grant and all the individual teacher grants.
- An FSAS Outreach Committee member may contact you to learn more about your grant.
- Your grant may be used to promote FSAS and other grant-related activities.