The Foundation for Saline Area Schools is a non-profit organization that provides private funding to support academic projects, enrichment programs, and other activities aimed at enhancing the quality of education in the Saline school district. The Foundation rewards excellence and innovation through distribution of individual teaching grants and funds for district wide strategic goals. Grants distributed by the Foundation serve as seed money for educational initiatives that cannot be funded by the general budget.
The Foundation will achieve its objective by focusing its support on activities in the following areas:
I. Promote student learning opportunities.
- Award funds for educational enrichment activities for students district-wide, including, but not limited to, out-of-school experiences.
- Promote the health and well-being of all students.
II. Encourage excellence and growth of all staff.
- Provide resources for creative ideas and programs.
- Promote innovative teaching.
III. Facilitate community/school partnerships.
- Provide a vehicle for individuals and organizations to share resources and gifts with our schools.
- Support enrichment programs for the schools in partnership with the community.
Method and Intent
The Foundation will:
1. Invite applications from interested persons or organizations.
2. Evaluate each application on the basis of established criteria.
3. Approve or reject funding based on the adherence of the application to Foundation objectives, Board of Education policies, and available funding resources.
4. Fund its activities by soliciting contributions from organizations and individuals having an interest in our schools.