DISTRICT / BUILDING / STUDENT GRANTS
IMPORTANT DATES 2017/18
December 1, 2017
Grant Submission Deadline
January 9, 2018
FSAS Trustees vote on grant approvals. Awards are issued
June 15, 2018
Due date to spend grant monies
Updated: October 12, 2017
The grant application process is easy! APPLY TODAY!
Learn more about applying for a grant in this informational video explaining the benefits and the process:
FSAS Teaching Grant guidelines:
- Online applications will be read by the Trustee Board and rated in priority order. Grants will be made for projects on the basis of criteria described in the grant evaluation rubric. When it comes to scoring evaluation rubrics, the Trustees will use the following criteria in considering funding priorities:
- Is the project creative and innovative?
- Are the learning objectives clear?
- Is the budget for the project described in detail?
- Is a method of assessment described in the grant?
- Is the proposal of sufficient quality?
- Is the overall perception of the grant positive?
- The information you include on, or with, your online application form will provide Trustees of the Foundation with data to make a judgement regarding possible funding of your project. Please be as clear and complete as possible. If you intend to purchase materials, include what they are and the delivered cost.
- Online applications for grants will be considered for funding on one cycle by December 1st of each school year.
- In order to be considered for a grant, a completed online Grant Proposal Application must be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services by December 1, 2017
- For those grants selected for funding, a grant packet will be awarded to the grant recipients. This packet will detail all the funding procedures associated with the grant. Grant money should be spent within the specified time frame….by June 15, 2018. If an extension is needed, it should be requested in advance. Any funds not spent for the grant at the conclusion of the school year will be returned to the FSAS general fund.
- Notification of grant awards will take place in January, 2018.
- In accepting an FSAS Teaching Grant, recipients agree to the following:
- Upon receipt of a grant, the recipient will have approximately 60 days to purchase all materials and/or supplies to carry out the idea/project. Grant monies must be spent by due date indicated for the grant cycle (see Due date to spend grant monies). The money for the grant will be deposited in an account in the SAS Business Office. The Business Office will help process purchase orders, as needed, to help you obtain the necessary supplies and materials. You will be asked to contact the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services if an extension to the 60 day timeline is required because of special circumstances.
- Supplies and equipment purchased with grant funds become the property of the Saline Area School District.
- If for any reason a grant recipient in unable to administer the approved project, the grant funding will be re-allocated to FSAS.
- A completed final report document must be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services in two phases by due dates indicated.
- Recipient will help promote the teaching grant process to other SAS staff and the local community. All Recipients are encouraged, but not required, to attend the annual FSAS Spring Recognition Reception (Date TBA) to promote the Foundation, Strategic Grant and all the individual teacher grants.
- An FSAS Outreach Committee member may contact you to learn more about your grant.
- Your grant may be used to promote FSAS and other grant-related activities.